Provides a shortcode for use by reviewers.
Generates a box, for use in a post or page, with a section for Pros, a section for Cons, and a review bar.
The review bar is generated through CSS, and so the plugin contains NO images.
This plugin generates a simple shortcode to use.
That shortcode is
[review pros="" cons="" score=]
The paramiters are required for proper output.
They are as follows
* pros: Anything you find good about the item being reviewed. Typically a comma seperated list
* cons: Anything bad about the product at hand. A comma seperated list as well
* score: This MUST be a number. There can be nothing following it, nor anything before it. A good example of the way to fill it out would be
score=45 for an item that scored 45%
You can also provide the following optional paramiters, for your useage
* verdict: The final verdict for the item being reveiwed
* title: The title of the review box, defaults to review. Set it to
to hide the title. You CAN enter shortcodes and html for custom links.
- Upload the
review-boxdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In a post, place
[review pros="list of pros" cons="list of cons" score=75]where you would like the box to appear
You can optionally add custom titles and verdicts.
Custom titles are defined using the
title= property, ex
title='Custom. If you do not want to display the title box at all, set
For the verdict box, add
verdict='final verdict'. This is optional as well
- Do i have to fill out all 3 properties
No, but it is reccomended. If you do not fill them out, they will have a default value.
The default values are fairly amusing.
If you do not fill out the score value, the plugin will default to 100
- What format should the score value be in
The score should be an integer between 0 and 100. It will ultimately come out as a percentage.
The score does not need a % sign following it. Adding one will make the sky fall on your head
- The score gets messed up! Help
This is probably because you added a % (percent) sign to the end of the
score property. All you need to input is a number
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Review Box” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Review Box” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- No longer uses percents to format width. Width is controlled
programattically. To change, adjust variable
$widthin the plugin file.
- Added title and verdict options. If title is set to none, no title is
- Changed structure of plugin, now has a cleaner return
- Tweaked CSS, added text shadows
- Updated to work with 2.8.*
- Fixed Css width, now renders at proper size
- Added border to deliniate total section.
- Fixed stupid commit bug
- Fixed CSS loading bug.
- Added screenshot
- Created plugin