Display contents in Sidebar Widgets, beyond your imagination. Examples: Quote|Joke|Photo of the Day, Advertisements, Twitter Feeds, Forex Rates, anything else. All at your own configuration.
Follow the installation methods below.
After installation, configure the Power Box in WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Power Box widget and configure what to show.
You can use several power-box windows at once.
Learn more about how to create your own conent hosting.
- Go to your WP Admin > Plugins > Add New page.
- Search for “Power Box”.
- Click install. Click activate.
- Download this plugin as a .zip file.
- Go to WP Admin > Plugins > Add new > Upload Plugin.
- Upload the .zip file and activate the plugin.
- Download the file power-box.zip.
- Unzip the file on your computer.
- Upload folder power-box (you just unziped) to /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the WP Admin > Plugins menu.
- How many Power Boxes can I use?
You may use multiple power boxes at once. But too many boxes may slow down because WP has to be busy fetching all the remote URLs.
- Is it safe to embed third party contents?
As a matter of rule, do not point to untrusted source.
- What are the possible implementations?
Quotation of the day is a very generic example. You can link it to third party notices, advertisements, Twitter feeds, Forex Rates, Pictures, … and almost anything else.
- Do I need to create my Content Server?
- How can I create my own Micro Content Server?
- Can I customize the output?
You can pass parameters as GET in the URL. And, your content server should respond accordingly. Take care of customization while creating your micro content server.
- Why should I create my micro content server?
Shortly, to design the contents yourself. If you can use the public content APIs, ok.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Power Box” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Power Box” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested with micro-service url.