This is NOT another block library. This plugin help developers/users do three things:
- To create custom blocks from core blocks or third-party blocks. It supports repeater blocks like the ACF repeater field.
- To create custom block patterns.
- To create custom block variations.
Support layouts/features for the custom blocks:
✓ Grid layout
✓ Carousel layout
✓ Some responsive features such as custom height, spacing, text-alignment, vertical-alignment
✓ Media background with animation, parallax effect
☐ Pre-defined blocks
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/content-blocks-builderdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Who needs this plugin?
Both developers and users can use it. I often use it to create custom repeater blocks, patterns, variations for my client sites.
Is this another block library?
No. It’s like a tool to create custom blocks, patterns, variations without coding.
Does it support pre-defined layouts / style?
Supports three layouts: Grid, carousel, default vertical stack
Contributors & Developers
“Content Blocks Builder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Release Date – 18 January 2022
- DEV – Add carousel layout
Release Date – 06 January 2022
- DEV – Add more features to custom blocks: responsive height, spacing, text-alignment, vertical-alignment, justify-alignment, and media background
Release Date – 16 December 2021
- DEV – Update grid template columns, grid column, grid row
Release Date – 02 December 2021
- REFACTOR – Update pot file, change the label of the block category
Release Date – 01 December 2021
- REFACTOR – Update __experimentalUseInnerBlocksProps to work with gutenberg 12.x
Release Date – 03 November 2021
- DEV – Add grid layout for repeater blocks
- DEV – Add custom inline SVG icon for blocks and variations
- DEV – Support variation picker for custom blocks
Release Date – 13 October 2021
- FIX – Template lock ‘None’ doesn’t work
Release Date – 12 October 2021
- DEV – Make the plugin compatible with the Block Manager plugin