This WordPress plugin stores the weight of WooCommerce orders and displays the order weight when managing orders.
To make the plugin work as intended, add weight to your products.
What it does
- When a new order is added, the total order weight is populated.
- When an order is changed, the order weight is updated and a order notification is added.
- Adding weight as a sortable column for ”Orders” and ”Products” in WordPress admin interface.
- Extends the REST API with order weight and weight unit as order properties
- Displays order weight in the customer dashboard
- Tool to update the weight on all orders (including a WP-CLI command)
- Adds total order weight to admin e-mails
- When exporting orders with WooCommerce Customer / Order / Coupon Export, order weight is included.
The concepts of the plugin came from this blog post by Remi Corson.
This plugin is developed and maintained by Andreas Karman.
- WordPress 5.0 or greater
- WooCommerce 5.0.0 or greater
To do an automatic install of Order Weight for WooCommerce, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New. Type “Order Weight for WooCommerce” in the search field and click search Plugins. Click “Install Now” on this plugin which should be the first result.
To manually install our plugin, you need to first download the plugin and then upload it to your web server via FTP/SFTP. You can find more detailed instructions in the WordPress Codex.
Where is the plugin settings?
In the WooCommerce Settings, go to “Advanced” and click the “Order Weight for WooCommerce” tab.
How can I get the weight for orders created prior to plugin activation?
If you go the plugin settings, there is a tool to calculate the weight of all orders in your WooCommerce installation. You can also use the WP-CLI command “wp orderweight update” to update all orders.
Where can I report bugs?
Bugs can be reported either in the support forum or preferably in the plugin GitHub repository.
Contributors & Developers
“Order Weight for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Order Weight for WooCommerce” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Order Weight for WooCommerce” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0 – 2023/03/14
- Added possibility to disable order notes.
1.0 – 2023/01/31
- Added possibility to add order weight in customer emails
0.9 – 2022/12/05
- New feature: WP-CLI command added to update all order weights (wp orderweight update)
0.8.1 – 2022/12/05
- New feature: Adding total order weight to admin e-mails
0.8 – 2022/11/24
- New feature: Admin tool to update the weight on all orders.
0.7 – 2022/11/14
- New feature: Custom bulk action to update order weights.
0.6.4 – 2022/11/09
- Fixed PHP notices when API is called.
- Fixed additional PHP8 compatibility issues.
0.6.2 – 2022/10/19
- Fixed PHP8 compatibility issue.
0.6.1 – 2022/10/03
- Added link to plugin settings in “Plugins”.
0.6 – 2022/09/13
- Added feature to display order weight in the customer dashboard.
0.5.5 – 2021/12/26
- New feature: Added order weight support for WooCommerce Customer / Order / Coupon Export
0.5 – 2021/12/17
- New feature: Compatibility added to the new WooCommerce Block Checkout
- Bug fix: Fixed sorting error of “Products” by weight
0.4.5 – 2021/11/20
- New feature: Updating order weight in the WordPress admin when an order is updated.
- New feature: When order weight is updated, a order notifications is added.
- Bug fix: Display error in “Products” weight column
0.4.0 – 2021/11/10
- Fixed “Order properties should not be accessed directly” error
- Fixed weight and weight unit in API calls not showing
0.3.5 – 2016/01/26
- Added weight and weight unit to orders in the WooCommerce REST API.
- Changed meta key for order weight (removed underscore prefix).
- Added activation function to rename old meta keys.
- Protected plugin meta keys using is_protected_meta filter.
- Updated the uninstall method with all meta keys.
0.3.0 – 2016/01/24
- Renamed plugin.
- Added weight column to “Products”.
0.2.0 – 2015/11/26
- Removed metadata when un-installing plugin.
- Added WooCommerce headers to readme.txt.
- Check if WooCommerce is activated before activating plugin.
0.1.0 – 2015/11/22
- Initial plugin release.