Display Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in an accordion on your website. Add, store, and maintain your FAQs in a custom post type and create categories to group your FAQs. Order your FAQs alphabetically or by their creation date and automatically include newly created FAQ items in the block output. Filter the FAQ posts that should be displayed by category. You may also set FAQ items to display and the order in which they should be displayed manually.
- Custom FAQ post type
- Support for categories in FAQ post type
- FAQ group block to display your FAQ posts on any page you like
- Order by
- A -> Z (alphabetically ascending)
- Z -> A (alphabetically descending)
- Newest to oldest
- Oldest to newest
- Filter by category
- Block output automatically updates if a new post is created if Order by is used
- Specify a maximum number of posts to display
- Manually select the posts to be displayed
- Manually set the order of the displayed posts
This plugin provides 1 block.
- FAQ Display Frequently Asked Questions in an accordion on your website.
- PHP version 7.3 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater or MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
- WordPress version 5.7 or greater.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of the plugin, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “Block Data Attribute”, then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found the plugin, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
Manual installation requires downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains a detailed instruction on how to do this.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
How do I use the block?
- Log in to your WordPress website and navigate to the Dashboard.
- Create new FAQ items by visiting FAQ Items > Add new.
- Add the title of your FAQ in the title of the post and add the content of your FAQ answer in the body of the editor. The post type supports simple text but also any other block such as images or videos.
- Create a new page by visiting Pages > Add new or open an existing page in Pages.
- Click on the Block Inserter button in the top left and click on the FAQ block in the Widgets section. Alternatively, you may start typing
/faqin a new paragraph block and press enter.
- Once you’ve inserted the block, you can use the block settings sidebar to configure the order of the posts. Alternatively, you may also filter the posts by category or manually select the posts that you wish to display.
- Publish the page.
How do I get help with the plugin?
The easiest way to receive support is to “Create a new topic” by visiting the Community Forums page.
Make sure to check the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” checkbox to receive notifications, as soon as a reply is posted to your question or inquiry.
Can I help translating this plugin into a new language?
The plugin is fully translation-ready and localized using the GNU framework. Translators are welcome to contribute to the plugin.
Here’s the WordPress translation website →
How do I contribute to this plugin?
We welcome contributions of any form and you can help reporting, testing, and detailing bugs.
Here’s the GitHub development repository →
Did you like the idea behind this plugin?
Please share your experience by leaving this plugin a 5 star review if you like it. Thank you!
I need help customizing this plugin?
We are an online marketing agency specializing in creating tailor-made software for WordPress and WooCommerce.
If you need professional support for this or any other WordPress project, please reach out to us →.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“sixa FAQ Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Maintenance release for sixa blocks compatibility
- Initial release