Currently, there is an option to “opt-in” to email marketing during the checkout. However, this option only provides the store owner with permission to send emails to the customer.
It does not automatically add the customer to any third-party email services.
With Shopp + MailChimp this issue is resolved. If a customer “opts-in” to email marketing during checkout, then their email, first name, and last name are sent to a specified list on MailChimp.
- Need help with your Shopp ecommerce store? Hire a Shopp developer today.
- View additional WordPress plugins for Shopp by Lorenzo Orlando Caum, Enzo12 LLC
- Follow Lorenzo on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, and Github
Credit to Adam Sewell who wrote the original code that allowed data to be transferred from Shopp after checkout. This code has been extended for several other services.
Credit to MailChimp who created the PHP API Wrapper for the MailChimp API.
Need a Shopp developer to help you with your Shopp? Hire a Shopp consultant and developer today.
What do you think about video tutorials for Shopp? Join today as a member of Shopp 101
- You’ll need an account with MailChimp.
- Ensure that your Shopp is activated and up-to-date.
- Download Shopp + MailChimp. Unzip the
- Upload the
shopp-mailchimpfolder to the
- Activate Shopp + MailChimp through the Plugins menu in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Shopp 101 → + MailChimp.
- Enter your API key and List ID for MailChimp and click Save Settings.
- How do I get a MailChimp account?
Visit mailchimp.com to register for an account.
- What is Shopp and how do I get it?
Shopp is an ecommerce plugin for WordPress. Learn more about Shopp.
- Are there any other extensions available for Shopp?
Yes, there are different extensions available including emailing marketing, short message service (sms) notifications, forms & reporting, help desk, and more. Please visit Shopp 101.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Shopp + MailChimp” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Changed name of menu from + Extensions to Shopp 101
- Verified support for WP 3.9.2
- Verified support for Shopp 1.3.5
- Removed links to old domain name
- Only load CSS on WP admin screen
- Moved to new menu
- Removed social sharing
- Verified support for Shopp 1.2.4 and 1.2.5
- Verified support for WordPress 3.5
- Fixed broken links
- Corrected grammar errors
- Verified support for WordPress 3.4.2
- Added notice for Shopp 126.96.36.199 and prior (no longer supported)
- Added links to Amazon Wishlist
- Corrected html syntax
- Fixed CSS date format
- Corrected errors from array(&$this
- Verified support for WordPress 3.4.1
- Verified support through Shopp 1.2.3
- Added support to extend plugin further
- Removed unneeded styling in css file
- Minor updates to admin page content and layout
- Corrected html syntax
- Removed referral links
- Fixed a PHP Notice that was appearing in the Shopp debug log
- Reduced overall size of plugin
- New Shopp email marketing opt-in screenshot
- New plugin interface screenshots
- Removed unused images
- Added Other Notes
- Removed banner ad (WordPress Plugin Guidelines) and replaced with links to http://optimizemyshopp.com
- CSS improvements
- Improved user interface.
- Added free email updates.
- Added additional resources and recommendations.
- Added credits.
- Added information about the author.
- Improved code for readability.
- First version!