Native, lightweight, super-fast plugin for updating comments in real-time with Ajax, without need to refresh the page. Allows comments section work interactively like a chatroom. Comments re-classified as trash or spam will be dynamically removed from users screen. It’s pure WordPress plugin, no need for third parties (like Disqus), no paid services, no secondary logins. Perfect alternative to Disqus.
Administrator can choose update frequency, define in what pages realtime comments are used, comments ordering in selected pages. Additionally is possible to set custom walker function (if used theme uses it) and size of avatar.
Supports also paginated view of comments: in this case new top-level comments will be dynamically are added to newest comments page. Nested comments will be dynamically added to parent comments at any comments page.
- Unzip plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Realtime Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Realtime Comments” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added: support for enabling on specific page(s) only
- Fixed: performance and comments appearing
- Added: option to change discussion ordering for selected pages
- Added: possible to change avatar size (for non-responsive themes)
- Added: pagination support
- Added: support for custom comments walker function
- Added: custom config values for theme developers
- Fixed: first comment appearing improved
- Fixed: improved appearance of comments
- Added: option to select pages, where Realtime Comments will be activated
- Added: option to select new comments appearing order
- Initial public release