A Peanut Butter Bar is all of the good stuff that sticks to the roof of your site.
The plugin allows you to attach sticky bars to the roof of your site that stays visible no matter how far a user scrolls.
- Track clicks using Google Analytics Events using the Analytics you already use in your blog.
- Plugin runs within your WordPress install. No external servers to deal with.
- Close button state persists through a user’s session without cookies.
- Responsive and mobile friendly.
- Choose from a range of tasty colors.
This is the Smooth version of Peanut Butter Bar. It supports a single site-wide bar. The Crunchy (paid) version has more bits including multiple bars and attaching bars to specific posts/pages and categories. Learn more at peanutbutterplugin.com.
Check out this blog post for the supported filters and actions in PBB Smooth.
This Readme file was generated using wp-readme, which generates readme files for WordPress Plugins.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Contributors & Developers
“Peanut Butter Bar (smooth version)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Verify testing with 4.3
- Fixed reloading of values after validation error
- XSS Security fix : add_query_arg escaping
- Enhancement : Added cache clearing for TotalCache and SuperCache when saving a bar change.
- Enhancement : Added pbb_filter_bar_output filter. See http://peanutbutterplugin.com/help-topics/filters-and-hooks-in-pbb-smooth/
- Enhancement : Bar text now accepts and runs shortcodes.
- Bugfix : Unknown variable when building bar. (Thanks to kdot for finding this.)
- Fixed a bug where for some users, the update file could not be found.
- Fixed a bug when apostrophes were used in text fields
- Added checkbox to allow for hiding of bar without deactivating the plugin
- Added new capability ‘manage_pbb’ and added to Admin, Super Admin and Editor roles
- Permissions change: Editor roles can now create and manage bars
- Linktext and Link URL may be left blank to create a pure “notification bar” without a link.
- Changed labeling of boxes for clarity
- Added Link CSS Class option to add a class to the bar span tag
- Improved Smooth->Crunchy upgrade path
- Changed internal class name to prevent conflicts
- Credit link can now be deactivated.
- Link in bar now explicitly sets no border to deal with some theme compatibility issues
- Fixed links in info page
- Initial checkin