Add one or more Custom Taxonomy to your wordpress managed website.
This plugin is focused on an easy to use interface with small number of choices to make it easier to use for a non technical user.
MW Taxonomy let you choose
- Taxonomy name in plural and singular,
- select the post types (default and custom) where your custom taxonomy can be used
- select wheather it should be hierarchical or not
- select wherher the taxonomy should be indexed by search engins or not
MW Taxonomy includes a widget Custom Taxonomy List for presenting taxonomies in the blog. You need to use a theme that supports widgets to this, that is a classic (non-block) theme. Use the plugin Classic Widgets if you don’t find the widget.
Taxonomies can also be presented by Tag Cloud widget or menus (classic theme).
Works in multisite environment as well.
Docs & Support
Please ask support questions in the plugin support forum.
From your WordPress dashboard
Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
Search for ‘MW Taxonomy’
Click Activate Plugin
Download the package from wordpress.org Plugin Directory
Unzip the files
Upload the unzipped files with FTP to the plugin directory in your wordpress installation
Go to Dashboard > Plugins to activate
None so far
Contributors & Developers
“MW Taxonomy” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“MW Taxonomy” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “MW Taxonomy” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix bug with widget
- Fix errors and warnings for php 7.2 and wp 5.1.1
- Fix more warnings for php 7.2
- Fix so warnings do not come up when run in debugging mode
- Choice to add a meta noindex tag to the head of taxonomy pages
- Improved slug handling