Elevate helps with the management of your WordPress website from a search engine optimization (SEO) perspective. You will be able to manage your search titles, descriptions, and social media appearance while editing your content within WordPress. During the initial setup, Elevate can automatically configure your site on Google Search Console and Analytics for you via the installation wizard, or automatically find and use your previously configured Google information. Elevate will also correct major issues your site may have with PageSpeed, typically increasing your Google PageSpeed ranking with just a few clicks.
All of the necessary social media and search console tasks are handled automatically for you, including the generation and submission of an XML sitemap, and the verification of your site on Google Search Console. These steps are often ignored by end-users likely resulting in diminished search rankings.
Elevate will also insert the appropriate information for Facebook, Twitter and Linked to showcase your site or featured images when your content is shared, as well as your custom title and meta information, which you can adjust on a per-post basis to help improve your Google and Bing search rankings.
Using Elevate’s comprehensive SEO and performance dashboard, you will be able to instantly see key metrics for your website, including page views, visitors, crawl errors, website speed, organic search impressions, and click through rate (CTR). You’ll also be able to see which direction those numbers are trending – is your website getting better, or worse? This feedback is invaluable for website owners, and will let them continue to improve and track changes to their websites.
For more information, please visit the official Elevate for WordPress. home page. Plugin developed by Duane Storey and Lindell Media.
Elevate SEO contains these great features:
- Per-post and per-page adjustments for search titles, descriptions, content language, canonical URLs, and index status
- Intelligent configuration wizard that intelligently sets up your website around the Internet
- Automatic generation and submission of a site-wide XML Sitemap
- Integration with popular search engines such as Google and Bing
- Ability to set a site-wide image to represent your website on social media – this can be adjusted dynamically based on an administrative web policy or per-post settings
- Automatic insertion of Open Graph and other social tags to improve the look of your website around the web
- Real-time preview of content and how it will look on popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Integration with Google Page Speed
- Automatic structured content, including Breadcrumbs, Article, etc.
- Automatic site verification on Google Search Console
- Automatic creation and configuration of a Google Analytics profile for each website
- Ongoing display of weekly search results in the administration panel
- Display of site-wide Google errors that need fixing
- Automatic integration of Google Analytics tracking code – no more messing with cutting and pasting
- Can dynamically import data from other search engine plugins for WordPress
- Easy authentication with Google via OAuth2
- Ability to integrate with custom Facebook applications
- Granular adjustments of options for display on networks such as Twitter
To install the plugin, simply add the plugin from the WordPress admin panel in the plugins section. Upon installing, you can configure the plugin using the Getting Started wizard, or configure the settings manually for the plugin.
Whoa, this sounds great – how much is it?
Elevate is completely free! Enjoy!
What other plugins have you made?
I helped co-create several other extremely popular plugins, include WPtouch and WordTwit. WPtouch was previously voted the #1 plugin for all of WordPress, and currently has over 11 million downloads.
Awesome! – what other features can I expect in the short term?
We’re doing heavier integration with Google in the next few releases, and will help bring some of that data back into the dashboard for you. In addition, Elevate will automatically fix many of the site issues that are routinely encountered.
Does Elevate talk to remote servers
Contributors & Developers
“Elevate SEO” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Elevate SEO” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Elevate SEO” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Version 1.4.4 (April 16, 2021)
- Updated: Covid-Is-Still-Going update (+ WordPress 5.7)
Version 1.4.3 (March 30, 2020)
- Updated: WordPress 5.4 support
Version 1.4.2 (November 18,2019)
- Updated Compatibility with WordPress 5.3
- Fixed: Styling issues with dashboard
Version 1.3.0 (July 10, 2019)
- Modified styling in the admin
Version 1.2.3 (May 7, 2019)
- Added: Support for WordPress 5.2
Version 1.2.2 (Mar 18, 2019)
- Added: Ability to select specific Google analytics account
- Changed: Removed Google Search Console crawl errors as this API is being deprecated by Google
- Fixed: Removed private posts from sitemap
Version 1.2.1 (Mar 13, 2019)
- Updated: Fixed issue with errand sitemap entries related to trashed and private posts
Version 1.2.0 (Feb 20, 2019)
- Fixed: Issue with duplicate site title in output with some themes
- Added: Ability to disable meta tag insertion (useful on sites that run with another SEO plugin)
- Added: Support for WordPress 5.1.0
Version 1.1.6 (Dec 13, 2018)
- Fixed: Issue with oEmbeds and LinkedIn descriptions
- Changed: Moved admin scripts into the header to fix issues on one site
Version 1.1.5 (Dec 6, 2018)
- Fixed: Compatibility with Gutenberg in WordPress 5.0
Version 1.1.4 (Nov 30, 2018)
- Updated: Links in dashboard now open in a new tab
Version 1.1.3 (Nov 28, 2018)
- Changed: Prep work for Page Speed v5
- Updated: Support for WordPress 5.0
- Added: Ability to import from WP Meta SEO
- Added: Ability to augment default robots.txt information
Version 1.1.1 (Oct 14, 2018)
- Added: Ability to reset
- Fixed: File upload broken image on some server configurations (MediaTemple for example)
- Fixed: Issue with default images in web preview
- Fixed: Issue with incorrect RSS feed title
- Changed: Now clicking in an SEO box will automatically use the defaults
Version 1.1.0 (Oct 8, 2018)
- Changed: Massively enhanced dashboard with SEO and performance data
- Changed: Reduced package size by reorganizing content
- Fixed: Issue with SEO information on WooCommerce store page
- Fixed: Issue with web preview and long titles
Version 1.0.8 (Sep 29, 2018)
- Fixed: Possible issues with Google refresh token
- Added: WooCommerce support
Version 1.0.7 (Sep 28, 2018)
- Added: Ability to cache bust CDN images
- Added: Structured data for posts
- Added: Breadcrumbs for pages
- Added: Integration with WooCommerce category pages
- Added: Ability to set search titles and meta data for taxonomy pages
- Fixed: Issue with image width and height for meta thumbnail images
- Fixed: When offline, dashboard shows 0s instead of endless spinners
Version 1.0.6 (Sep 23, 2018)
- Added: Cron job to update internal data
- Added: New Wizard pane to automatically configure Apache
- Added: Ability to utilize CDN for post/page content
- Fixed: Slow page load time when included image is a remote URL
- Fixed: Speed improvements due to localization detection
- Fixed: Issue with %20 in AJAX data
- Changed: Modified AJAX loading in Dashboard to improve responsiveness
- Changed: Modified fonts to better match WP admin
- Changed: Updated Dashboard look and feel
- Added: width/height information for Facebook + Twitter meta data
- Added: Article information for posts
- Fixed: Modified permissions of uploaded files to 0644
- Fixed: Problem with locale in Open Graph information
- Changed: Modified dashboard appearance
- Fixed: Removed shortcodes from intelligent meta descriptions
- Changed: Adjustments with dashboard image
- Fixed: filemtime warning on dashboard
- Fixed: Readme file
- Added: First release!
- Fixed: Home page description in wizard didn’t properly save
- Added: Ability to add social media image via wizard
- Added: Enhanced Robots.txt generation
- Fixed: Incorrect add URL for Bing in the wizard
- Fixed: Issue with site wide social media images
- Added: Ability to preview social media sharing
- Added: Now gives suggestions for content writing
Fixed: Issue with automatically filled meta descriptions and extra period.
First beta release