Want to get more visitors and customers? Easy Image Optimizer allows you to quickly and easily speed up your website so that you can connect with more people.
One-click activation enables you to optimize your images by efficiently encoding and properly sizing images. It also includes lazy loading to defer offscreen images and automatic WebP conversion for even more speed.
Easy Image Optimizer will optimize your site automatically by replacing all your image URLs with cloud-based URLs to deliver your content as fast as possible.
If you need assistance using the plugin, please visit our Support Page.
The Easy Image Optimizer is developed at https://github.com/nosilver4u/easy-image-optimizer
You may report security issues through our Patchstack Vulnerability Disclosure Program. The Patchstack team helps validate, triage and handle any security vulnerabilities. Report a security vulnerability.
If you would like to help translate this plugin (new or existing translations), you can do so here: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/easy-image-optimizer
To receive updates when new strings are available for translation, you can signup here: https://ewww.io/register/
- Install the plugin through the built-in WordPress plugin installer, or upload the “easy-image-optimizer” plugin to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Start a free trial subscription for Easy Image Optimizer at https://ewww.io/easy/
- Link your site at https://ewww.io/manage-sites/
- Visit the settings page to complete activation.
Does the plugin replace existing images?
No, all optimization is performed transparently on our network of cloud servers, and your image URLs are automatically updated to point to the optimized images.
What if something breaks?
Don’t panic, just disable the plugin and contact us at https://ewww.io/contact-us/ All changes made by the plugin will automatically be reverted when you disable the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Image Optimizer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- If you would like to help translate this plugin in your language, get started here: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/easy-image-optimizer/
- fixed: Easy IO strips extra sub-folders in non-image URLs
- fixed: PHP notice from VC fix
- fixed: too much scaling for Visual Composer background images with zoom effect
- fixed: Lazy Load compatibility with X/Pro themes and Cornerstone builder
- security: sanitize and escape a few remaining strings
- changed: use updated coding standards
- changed: sanitize/escape remaining strings on settings page
- security: randomize filename of debug log
- added: Easy IO rewrites poster/thumbnail image URLs for video elements
- changed: Easy IO + Auto Scale checks images on load and resize events to reduce browser upscaling
- changed: prevent Easy IO font substitution when OMGF is active
- fixed: Auto Scale downscales too much for landscape images displayed in portrait containers
- fixed: Easy IO compatibility with Brizy thumbnail generation endpoint
- added: deliver Google Fonts via Easy IO or Bunny Fonts for improved user privacy
- fixed: incorrect syntax for constants in namespaced code
- breaking: namespaced and reorganized several classes, third party integrations should check for compatibility
- added: Easy IO support for BuddyBoss images, video, and documents
- added: improved support for Hide My WP Ghost in Lazy Load
- changed: improved Auto Scaling when using full-width layout in Elementor
- changed: style tag search/regex cleaned up to prevent excess markup
- fixed: content dir functions don’t resolve symlinks
- fixed: Easy IO image URLs leaking into image gallery block via post editor
- fixed: clearing debug log does not redirect back to settings page in rare cases
- changed: allow video files to go through Easy IO CDN (pass through)
- fixed: PHP 8.1 deprecation notices from usage of add_submenu_page and add_query_arg
- changed: improved Brizy Builder compatibility
- fixed: Easy IO fails to apply crop for custom size in some cases
- fixed: Easy IO not applying watermark consistently on PNG images
- fixed: Easy IO not scaling watermark when scaling original image
- changed: improved detection for site URL changes
- fixed: Lazy Load JS throws error if inline script vars are missing
- fixed: Easy IO + Lazy Load auto-scale produces invalid URL if an image with no query string is constrained by height
- fixed: PHP notices when Easy IO filters srcset URLs
- added: exclude by page for Easy IO and Lazy Load
- changed: include upstream lazysizes unveilhooks for use by developers, props @saas786
- fixed: better compatibility with S3 Uploads when using autoload
- fixed: Easy IO srcset URL construction not accounting for object versioning with S3 (or other cloud storage)
- added: image watermarking, configure at https://ewww.io/manage-sites/
- fixed: prevent WP core from generating duplicate WebP images
- fixed: trailing space on image URL handled incorrectly
- fixed: lazy load sometimes incorrectly scales images in AffiliateWP portal
- fixed: Lazy Load not using EWWWIO_CONTENT_DIR
- fixed: Lazy Load Auto-scale adds query parameters to SVG images
- fixed: Lazy Load prevents image loading in GiveWP iframe
- fixed: Auto Scale crops too much for object-* images in Oxygen
- added: AVIF support via Easy IO, enable on site management at ewww.io
- added: ability for Easy IO to get full-size path when using offloaded media
- fixed: front-end HTML parsers running within Bricks editor
- fixed: Easy IO not finding scaled full-size for dynamic size generation
- fixed: cover images not cropped properly by Easy IO
- fixed: Easy IO URLs leaking into post editor with WP 6.0
Please refer to the separate changelog.txt file.