Default Category is a a helpful workflow tool:
Enforce editorial standards for posts
A quick reference for content editors that aren’t regular contributors
Each user can have their own set of default categories
Site-wide categories will be applied if a user has not specified their own default categories
Default Category is also multisite compatible as it has been designed for a multisite environment.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- WordPress already has a setting to do this
By default, WordPress only allows a global default category.
WordPress Default Categoryallows multiple categories to be selected based on user or site-wide settings.
- What if a user profile doesn’t specify any default categories?
Any new post from the user will inherit the categories selected in the
WordPress Default Categorysettings page.
- Does this plug-in work for custom post types?
It’s designed for the default post type. Maybe in the future.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Default Category” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress Default Category” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added user-level category support
- Approved for listing on WordPress.org
- Initial working version