This plugin will save UTM tags + Referrer (like google.com, etc) + landing (first page) to cookies on first user visit and on CF7 submit adds all info to mail body.
Please note that for security/privacy reasons, the Referer URL is stripped out when navigating from a HTTPS site to a HTTP site by the browser and in some other cases.
Setup: place [utm_and_referer] tag in the Admin email body – example
A UTM codes is a simple query variables that you can attach to a custom URL in order to track a source, medium, and campaign name. This allow you better understand from where visitors are coming and doing some actions (like submitting contact form).
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/cf7-utm-trackingdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the ‘Contact’ -> ‘CF7 UTM tracking’ screen to check the plugin state
Contributors & Developers
“UTM tags + Landing page + "gclid" tracking for Contact Form 7” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
/* VER 1.4 – 17/08/2019 */
- [new] Added landing (first page) tracking
/* VER 1.3 – 07/06/2019 */
- [new] Now to add UTM tracking info for the email need to use [utm_and_referer] tag in the email body
/* VER 1.1 – 26/06/2017 */
- [new] Added “gclid” parameter tracking
- [tweak] Move from “Tools” menu to the “Contact” menu
- [tweak] Security improvements