This plugin allows you to highlight code syntax in your posts. It is simple, lightweight, and very easy to use with plenty of options to choose. This plugin works with both editors and won’t mangle your code format. This plugin utilizes the popular PHP syntax highlighting library – GeSHi.
- Load the plugin only when you need it
- Option to load media files (CSS, JS, etc.) only when needed
- Built-in hooks for easier customization
- A lot of options to choose (I bet you don’t need them all!)
- Preview any snipplet of code to match your preference
- Possibility to add more languages
- Parse code within
<code>tag or using shortcode
- Parse code within comments
- Editor button to add code
- Two output methods, Table or Ordered list
- Style code globally or language-based
- WordPress Multi-site compatible (not tested with WPMU)
- And more…
Get in touch
- I’m available at BetterWP.net and you can also follow me on Twitter.
- Check out latest WordPress Tips and Ideas from BetterWP.net.
- English (default)
- Italian (it_IT) – Thanks to Paolo Stivanin!
Please help translate this plugin!
Visit Plugin’s Official Page for more information!
- Upload the
better-wordpress-syntax-based-on-geshifolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress. After activation, you should see a menu of this plugin on your left. If you can not locate it, click on Settings under the plugin’s name.
- Configure the plugin
- Add code using the Editor Button
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Better WordPress Syntax Highlighter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Marked as WordPress 3.7 compatible.
- Added an Italian translation. Thanks to Paolo Stivanin!
- Updated BWP Framework to fix a possible bug that causes BWP setting pages to go blank.
- Updated GeSHi library to version 126.96.36.199.
- Fixed a typo that causes an error with W3C validation.
- Good news: ManageWP.com has become the official sponsor for BWP Syntax – Read more.
- Fixed a small issue regarding HTML entities. Thanks again to tiaurus for reporting the bug!
- Fixed a possible bug of the editor button when
wp-config.phpfile was moved one directory up.
- Added a temporary fix for some HTML entities’ issues. Thanks to tiaurus!
- Added 6 more default languages, as requested by users, including: Bash Script (bash), CSharp (csharp), Actionscript (as), Actionscript3 (as3), Apache (apache), MySQL (mysql).
- Improved code preview
- Improved generated CSS
- Fixed the wrong version number in configuration page.
- Fixed a critical bug with the editor button (this is due to WordPress’s naming mechanism when submitting plugin).
- Fixed a minor Multi-site issue.
- Initial Release.