Better HTTP Redirects makes your Blog’s redirects to play more nicely the HTTP standards. Dual Mode Plugin, can be used as a standard Plugin or as a Must-Use Plugin.
- Provide Hypertext Fragments on redirects where applicable.
- Compatible with any current usage of the wp_redirect() API function.
- Prevent unnecessary redirect loops on UTF-8 based sites.
- Improved user and robot (search engines etc.) experience for your website.
- No need for you to wait until core code get’s fixed – if ever!
- Helps you debugging redirect related issues with it’s unique Redirect Debug Mode.
- Verify that the plugin is stricly preventing redirects that redirect to the same URI (see RFC 2616 section 3.2.3).
“Better HTTP Redirects” works out of the box but for a better integration you can make use of the following:
- Hook redirect_hypertext
$hypertext = apply_filters('redirect_hypertext', $hypertext, $location, $status);
This file readme.txt has been created in the intention to provide data to be displayed on the wordpress.org plugin repository website. As always, for anything concrete and precise, refer to the plugin sourcecode itself, it ships with phpdoc style comments.
This Plugin can be used as a standard Plugin or as a Must-Use-Plugin. Please refer to your products documentation how to install plugins or contact your site administrator for that.
Contributors & Developers
“Better HTTP Redirects” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Better HTTP Redirects” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Bugfix Release
- Fix of unprocessed boolean arguments in Backtrace.
- Warning on RFC violating location headers.
- Display of location added to Debug Mode.
- Display of Call Stack in Debug Mode improved.
- Display of classes in Debug Mode fixed.
- Debug Mode – Disables automatic redirect if WP_DEBUG is enabled to use the plugin for debugging purposes.
- Prevention of redirect loops for UTF-8 based canonical links (Ivrit, Japanese, Chinese etc.; Related: #14292)
- Increased usability of the default HTML fragment.
- Initial Release
- Setting up SVN