A widget that allows the site creator to display badge/rank activities or achievements/ranks available to be completed. As activities are completed they are removed from the list.
Site participants have a perpetual view of achievements/ranks still to be completed. Using a widget, this is an easy way for administers to guide participants to new activities.
BadgeOS™ turns your WordPress site into an achievement, badging and engagement management system. Your users complete steps, demonstrate skills and knowledge, and earn digital badges. Easily define the achievements, organize the badge requirements any way you like, and choose from and combine a range of assessment options to determine whether each task or requirement has been achieved.
Create badges and set up the achievements to earn them. Badges are Mozilla OBI compatible and sharable via Credly, the free web service for managing and displaying lifelong credentials.
Stay Connected / Helpful Links
BadgeOS is made available by LearningTimes, LLC. Here are some ways to stay connected and to see what else we are up to:
- BadgeOS.org – Contact Us, Video Tutorials, Examples, News
- LearningTimes – Online learning programs, development and expertise
- Credly.com – Manage lifelong credentials that matter
- BadgeOS Developer Resources – Open documentation, APIs and resources for BadgeOS developers.
- Credly Knowledgebase – Credly FAQ
- Facebook – BadgeOS and Credly on Facebook
- Twitter – BadgeOS and Credly Tweets
- E-Mailing List – Occasional updates via e-mail
- GitHub – Report issues, contribute code
BadgeOS is built with expandability in mind to allow virtually anything to trigger and recognize achievement. The Developer Resources area of the BadgeOS site provides links to documentation, APIs and guides to extending BadgeOS and integrating it with other plugins and systems. Share your BadgeOS Add-Ons and BadgeOS-compatible plugins.
Want to contribute to BadgeOS core? That’s great! Visit our GitHub site for the project at.
LearningTimes, LLC licenses BadgeOS to you under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
There is NO WARRANTY for this software, express or implied, including the implied warranties of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3, at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html for more details.
- Where can I learn more about BadgeOS?
Visit BadgeOS.org to learn more about the free BadgeOS plugin, available add-ons, and to see the latest news on our blog.
- Do you offer services to help us design, build or customize our BadgeOS site?
Yes, we do. We especially enjoy working on innovative projects with forward-thinking teams extending achievement recognition into new environments and surfacing achievement in new ways. See examples and learn more at: http://badgeos.org/services/badgeos-customization/.
- Where should I contribute code back to the project?
Thanks for asking! Please do share back code modifications or enhancements you make for inclusion in BadgeOS core or as add-ons. (Functions that are specialized for just some users are likely best as add-on plugins to BadgeOS. We can help figure that out with you.) Visit us on GitHub to share your code with the BadgeOS community.
- Credly is really cool. How can I learn more about it?
Credly is the universal way to recognize, store and share life’s achievements. We’ve integrated Credly into BadgeOS because it’s downright the easiest, most fun way to collect evidence of all your achievements in one place and then share them out when and where it matters most. There are a rapidly growing number of platforms and apps that are using the Credly “Open Credit” API to enable sharable badges; the BadgeOS WordPress integration is just one great example! Visit us Credly.com to learn more or contact us for guidance with using the free Open Credit API in your own projects or applications.
Contributors & Developers
“BadgeOS Suggested Achievements Add-on” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- New: Added option to display suggested ranks
- New: Added shortcode to display the suggested achievements
- New: Added shortcode to display the suggested ranks
- Fix: Made the add-on compatible with the latest versions of WordPress and BadgeOS
- Fix: Achievements to be displayed on all the pages
- Intial release