Aweber Optin Cat WordPress Plugin
With the Aweber Forms by Optin Cat WordPress plugin, it is incredibly quick and easy to create Aweber forms that will maximize your number of Aweber subscribers.
This plugin is fully compatible with WordPress 5.0’s new content editor (“Gutenberg”). Simply create your AWeber form, then add your AWeber block to your website.
In just two minutes you can create a professional looking Aweber form for your blog that will be optimized for conversions.
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat – Features
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat lets you create a variety of different Aweber forms to suit your specific needs. These include:
- Aweber Post Boxes (=> Aweber forms that can be placed inside/after posts or pages)
- Aweber Sidebar Widgets (=> Aweber forms that go into your sidebar)
- Aweber Lightbox pop-ups (=> Aweber Pop-up Forms are on of the best ways to grow your Aweber list)
- Create unlimited Aweber forms for your site.
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat has a number of other features that make it the best choice for your newsletter form plugin.
- Aweber Forms by Optin Cat works flawlessly with responsive sites so that your Aweber forms look stunning no matter the display size.
- Add Aweber signup forms (“Post Boxes”) to your posts with a simple shortcode, our Gutenberg AWeber block, or have them added automatically to the bottom of posts/pages/categories/etc
- Tons of customization options allowing you to change the copy, font size and colors of the Aweber form to match the design of your site and to better fit your goals.
- Highly intuitive interface with plenty of options.
- Conversion rate optimization built in – Aweber Forms by Optin Cat is built by marketers for marketers and is perfectly design to generate as many e-mails for your list as possible.
- Beautiful, professional design that will be a real asset to your website
- Analytics feature that helps you grow your Aweber list by learning what works and what doesn’t
You’ll be able to create a beautifully designed custom Aweber newsletter form that runs reliably and smoothly. It looks great on any blog, it’s light and efficient (meaning it won’t slow down your page load times) and has been proven to grow your Aweber list.
Your list is one of your most valuable assets – Aweber Forms by Optin Cat is a great plugin to grow your Aweber list.
You’ll need an Aweber account to use this plugin – sign up for an Aweber account here.
With our seamless Aweber integration, all of your new contacts will be instantly added to your account as soon as they use the Aweber signup form and can start receiving your autoresponder sequence or newsletter.
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat Premium
Optin Cat Premium helps you grow your Aweber list. Here’s how:
Lots of extra layout & design options.
Smart popup targeting.
Mobile Aweber popups.
Two Step Optins: Trigger a popup after the user clicks on a hyperlink.
Optin Bait Delivery: Send optin baits straight from WordPress.
Exit Intervention: Display popups when the user is about to leave your site.
Attention grabbing Popup Effects.
Priority email support.
We’d love to hear your suggestions on how to improve Aweber Forms by Optin Cat, feel free to share them in the support forum.
This plugin stores personal data (eg. names & emails collected using this plugin) in the WordPress database.
This plugin integrates with the WordPress GDPR privacy controls for data export & data deletion added in WordPress 4.9.6.
This plugin uses a browser cookie to track successful optins.
This plugin can be configured to connect to 3rd party service providers such as Aweber.
If you use this plugin to connect to a 3rd party, personal data may also be shared with that party.
This plugin provides 2 blocks.
- Optin Cat Form
- Optin Cat Two-Step Optin
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In your sidebar, select ‘Optin Cat -> Add New’ to create a new table
How to disable impression & conversion tracking?
define( 'FCA_EOI_DISABLE_STATS_TRACKING', TRUE);to your theme’s functions.php file.
Contributors & Developers
“AWeber Forms by Optin Cat” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.5
- Fixed/added PHP 8.2 Compatibility
- Updated Icon
- Fixed Gutenberg block
- Fixed HTML escaping in admin (potential XSS vulnerability)
- Tested up to WordPress 6.3
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.4
- Fixed error message in Publication metabox
- Fixed some other issues in Optin Cat Premium
- Tested up to WordPress 5.8
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.3
- Updated feedback form
- Tested up to WordPress 5.6.2
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.2
- Updated display name
- Tested up to WordPress 5.6
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.1
- Tested up to WordPress 5.5.0
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.0
- Add color pickers for “Thank you” message
- Add color picker for bottom half of forms for relevant layouts
- Add Gutenberg block for two-step optins (Premium only)
- Allow form navigation with Tab key
- Allow ActiveCampaign existing users to be updated
- Allow optin forms to work without email provider (store locally) (Premium only)
- Replace 3rd party Codemirror for builtin one
- Replace TinyMCE for simple text editor
- Fix preview form live updates
- Fix missing color picker labels
- Fix alignment issue with TwentyTwenty theme
- Fix optin bar display issue in IE
- Tested up to WordPress 5.4.2
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.4.1
- Fix/optimize table creation
- Tested up to WordPress 5.2.2
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.4.0
- Remove unused onboarding code
- Tested up to WordPress 5.1.0
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.3.0
- Add WordPress 5.0 block (Gutenberg) support
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.2.2
- Fix potential authorization issue with Aweber credentials
- Fix potential error on activation
- Tested up to WordPress 4.9.8
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.2.1
- Fix name field not being sent if GDPR checkbox enabled
- Fix GDPR checkbox not showing if description field is disabled
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.2.0
- Added Subscribers table
- Added GDPR compliance checkbox
- Integrated with WordPress’ GDPR data export and erasure features
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.1.0
- Added 2 new layout options
- Added descriptive names for each layout
- Improved HTML formatting & bullets
- Improved editor screenshots and styling
- Improved default color palette for color pickers
- Improved error messages
- Changed menu position from 105 to 106 to fix conflict
- Updated featherlight library to 1.7.9
- Misc bug fixes
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.0.5
- Update software licensing library
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.0.4
- Add uninstall survey
- Tested up to WordPress 4.8
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.0.2
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 2.0.0
- Added Success Cookie feature – stop showing optins to users that have already opted in
- Rewrote targetting feature for improved compatibility
- Fixed name and email field responsive scaling
- Minified all CSS and JS files to improve performance
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.8.1
- Fix popup rule backward compatibility issue where some settings would not save (Device & Go Live toggle)
- Fix some text inputs having escape slashes around quotation marks
- Changed delete rule button to always show
- Changed add rule button to hide when all rules have been added
- Removed ‘Never’ as a display frequency option – replaced with Go Live toggle
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.8.0
- Added AJAX thank you message
- Added setting to target popups based on device (desktop and/or mobile)
- Added button hover color picker
- Added width picker for Form, Button, Name, and Email fields
- Added placeholder colors based on font colors for email and name
- Improved visual editor behavior and design
- Improved UI of popup targetting rule builder
- Changed subscribing animation to simple text
- Changed various texts in UI
- Fix rare case of ‘one a month’ and ‘only once’ display cookie date possibly being invalid
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.7.2
- Fix “Class ‘K’ not found” error some users reported on activation
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.7.1
- Fix Power Up settings potentially getting reset on activation
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.7.0
- Added support for Aweber tagging
- Merged Power Ups and Licensing page in to one with improved UI
- UI updates
- Up to 15% improved performance
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.6.3
- Update Tooltipster library to latest version for better compatibility
- Change API inputs to activate on any input (e.g. paste)
- Fix editor not working on Safari
- Fix metaboxes potentially being hidden by WordPress
- Fix Aweber list resetting selection on load
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.6.2
- (Only released for GetResponse and premium)
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.6.1
- Fix button hover color being white on new forms
- Fix potential PHP issue ‘Can’t use function return value’
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.6.0
- Performance improvements of up to 50%
- UI Updates
- Fix inconsistent loading of previous settings (API keys/mailing lists) when creating a new form
- Fix Aweber list selection sometimes not displaying the saved list
- Fix Aweber giving a failure message when user is already subscribed
- Revert sending ‘unnamed user’ as user name if empty
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.8
- Add auto-focus on popup
- Change ‘Name’ placeholders to ‘First Name’
- Fix Aweber requiring authorization on each form (will use the last authorization entered)
- Fix custom css box sometimes hidden for personal plan
- Fix a FireFox popup display issue
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.7
- Fix an issue with some icons being removed/hidden
- Fix for potential encoding type being changed by theme
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.6
- Fix an issue with saving forms a small number users reported
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.5
- Each form can now be connected to a unique account (API key)
- Performance improvements: All CSS is pre-compiled, Removed several deprecated .css files
- Fixed a form saving issue that affected some PHP/WordPress installations
- Fixed PHP warnings related to remove_meta_box()
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.4
- Performance improvements: optin forms (particularily widgets) now load much faster
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.2
- Added spinning animation after form submission
- Changed ajax error message (inside of button) into something more humanly readable
- Numerous bug fixes
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.1
- Fixed a JS bug introduced with 1.5.0
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.0
- Improved performance of Optin Cat form editor in the WP backend (it now loads faster)
- Impression tracking can now be disabled
- Small UI improvements to Optin Cat form editor
- Numerous bug fixes
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.4.1
- Bugfix: Fixed a conflict with the Beaver Builder plugin
- Various other small bugfixes & improvements
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.4.0
- Changed: Updated layout selection screen to be responsive and look more like WordPress theme select screen.
- Fixed: Hide Optin Cat shortcode insert button and dashboard widget from users with privileges below editor (subscriber and author).
- Fixed: Logged in users no longer count towards impressions on forms.
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.9
- Fixed: A bug in our Aweber popup targeting engine caused the “display once per month” criteria to not work as expected in some cases, which kinda defeated the purpose of our fancy targeting engine.
- Fixed: Aweber Forms by Optin Cat caused a site’s W3 HTML validation to fail due to the placement of the style tag. This wasn’t a big problem (all browsers always rendered Optin Cat properly), but not ideal.
- Fixed: There were some issues with the GetResponse API that prevented leads being added to the mailing list in certain form configurations.
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.8
- Fixed an issue related to bots causing fake conversion data.
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.7
- Tiny fix: Ignore shortcode if the global $post is empty
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.6
- Fixed a bug in the Popup targeting engine introduced in Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.5.
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.5
- Improved Aweber Popup targeting engine: changed how a session is counted (a session now expires after 30 minutes of inactivity).
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.4
- Improved Aweber Popup targeting engine for better performance.
- Improved Aweber Post Box targeting: only one box can be displayed at the bottom of the post at any given time going forward. The most exactly targeted post box will be given priority (eg. Individual Post > Category > All Posts)
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.3
- Performance improvements to Aweber popups
- Minor Bugfixes
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.2
- Fixed a bug that caused display issues on some sites after unchecking the “New CSS” powerup
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.1
- Fixed a bug that caused some conversions to be tracked more than once
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.3
- Added Analytics feature
- Added tinyMCE button to WP Post editor
- Improved Optin Editor UI
- Various minor bugfixes
- Added the ability to customize error text
- Fixed a bug that displayed not-mobile friendly popups on some mobile devices
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.2.2
- Bugfix: “Quick edit” disappears on pages
- Improved performance / loadspeed of popup feature
- Improved performance of WP backend
Aweber Forms by Optin Cat 1.2
- Initial Release