No more stock photos!
AI Image Lab harnesses the power of generative artificial intelligence to allow you to create custom images for your site with AI in supported editors and page builders and the WordPress media library. It also includes an image editor that can modify images by using AI-based technology to add or change elements in the image, both for images that were previously AI generated and for non-AI photos and graphics that you upload to your media library. This plugin brings the power of similar tools like Stable Diffusion, DALL·E 2, and Midjourney and integrates seamlessly with your WordPress websites. For more on editing existing images with AI, see this blog post.
The AI Image Lab plugin works with nearly every editor and page builder (like Divi, Elementor) that integrates with the default WordPress media picker for image selection, including the block editor (Gutenberg, Kadence Blocks, etc.), the classic editor, and the Divi builder. It also includes a Gutenberg block for seamless image generation within the WordPress block editor that can transform to various core blocks and Kadence Blocks after a generated image is selected.
Our baseline service is 100% free to use, with unlimited image previews (within reasonable limits!) and up to 3 downloaded images per day, no paid third-party API keys required! Once your download quota is used up, you’ll need to wait until the current 24 hour quota period has passed before you can generate more previews. Upgrading to AI Image Lab Pro removes the 3 image download limit, supports higher output resolution, and more!
The plugin needs to be connected to a WP Zone account before it can start sending requests to the AI. Signing up for an account is free if you don’t have one yet!
- Compatible with the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg) and other popular page builders
- Includes a Gutenberg block for AI Image generation with transform compatibility to various core blocks and Kadence Blocks
- Unlimited AI image previews per day (within reasonable limits)
- 6 preview images per generation request
- 3 image downloads per 24-hour quota period
- Up to 768×768 resolution with a variety of aspect ratios
Everything in free, plus:
- Unlimited image downloads (within reasonable limits)
- 10 preview images per generation request
- Up to 2048×2048 resolution with a variety of aspect ratios
- Preview images do not have visible watermarks
- Image generation requests are prioritized over free requests
- Premium technical support
How it works
AI Image Lab generates custom graphics based on text you enter to describe the images you are looking for (known as a “prompt”). You can provide one or more prompt phrases (or choose from some provided examples), which play an important role in the quality and usefulness of the output image. You can also specify some additional parameters related to the style and specifications of the image you want to create. Style types include Photo, Painting, Illustration, and Digital Art, each of which has multiple sub-options to further refine the type of image to be generated.
Each time you run a prompt, you’ll get six images to preview and choose from (or 10 images if you have AI Image Lab Pro. In the free version, these previews have watermarks, but the visible watermarks are removed when you choose an image to download to your site. The plugin allows you to select an image to automatically add to your media library for use on your site. Running the generation process again provides a new set of preview images.
Known issues and limitations
AI image generation is still an emerging technology and it is not perfect. There are some things it struggles with, such as human faces and features (especially for images with multiple people) and images containing text. You can generate multiple sets of images until you receive a suitable image, or use the built-in AI image editor to improve generated images.
The AI Image Lab plugin makes requests to using the AI Image Lab API, which is an external service provided by WP Zone (https://wpzone.co). You will need to set up a free account with WP Zone in order to use the service. Use of the service is subject to the terms and conditions displayed on the plugin admin page, and any other applicable terms and policies that may be published on the WP Zone website from time to time.
To help you get the most out of our plugin, we offer a comprehensive documentation that contains step-by-step instructions for installation and usage. We update our documentation regularly to ensure it remains up-to-date with the latest version of our plugin, including any new features or improvements.
AI Image Lab Documentation
This plugin provides 1 block.
- AI Image
- Click “Plugins” > “Add New” in the WordPress admin menu.
- Search for “AI Image Lab”.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Click “Activate Plugin”.
Alternatively, you can manually upload the plugin to your wp-content/plugins directory.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin, click The AI Image Lab item in your WordPress admin menu and follow the prompts to connect the plugin to your WP Zone account. Once connected, either visit the Media Library and click the Add New button, or select the option to upload in image in your content editor of choice. In both cases, you should have the option to use AI Image Lab to generate an image in the image upload area (provided the default WordPress media selection dialog is in use).
Are there are any fees or limitations to using the service?
The service is 100% free to use, subject only to reasonable use limits that you are unlikely to reach with normal usage, and a maximum of 3 image downloads per quota period (unless you have an AI Image Lab Pro plan).
Do I need an API key?
There are no third-party API keys required to use AI Image Lab. You’ll just need to connect it to your free WP Zone account so that the plugin can talk to our servers.
How do I upgrade to Pro?
Simply purchase AI Image Lab Pro on our website. No separate or additional plugin is required. Your Pro subscription will be automatically recognized when connecting the AI Image Lab plugin to your WP Zone account. If the plugin was already connected before purchasing AI Image Lab Pro, the Pro version’s features should be activated automatically in the plugin within a few minutes of the purchase being processed (or you can disconnect and reconnect the plugin).
Contributors & Developers
“AI Image Lab – Free AI Image Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.5, August 23, 2023
- Gutenberg Block: Add More Information toggle
- Fix: Fatal error if headers request fails while attempting to download an image
- Fix: The width setting remained disabled when Custom size is selected in the AI Image Gutenberg block
- Fix: Changing the image height setting in the AI Image Gutenberg block with the aspect ratio set to Custom size resulted in unwanted changes to the width setting
- Add Gutenberg Block “Ai Image”
- Bump version due to issue with previous release
- Fix: Image editing may not work
- Add support for higher resolutions (requires a Pro plan)
- Add remaining quota display and handle zero quota condition
- Improve indication of image download in progress
- Improve filenames of downloaded images
- Miscellaneous UI change(s)
- Fix: Clicking Get this Image or Edit Image in the image preview overlay after navigating between images with the arrows or keyboard always downloads or edits the image that was first opened in the overlay instead of the current image
- Fix: the preview images (when open in the preview modal) are often sized larger than their actual size
- Security improvement
- Fix: Keyboard right arrow key doesn’t work to advance past the fourth image
- Add social media links
- Add welcome screen
- Styling changes
- Add missing js file
- Implement action buttons when hovering over preview images
- Add image editing feature
- Increase the number of generated images to 6
- CSS/JS in the dev branch
- Add feedback form
- Add close button to image generation notice
- styling fixes
- ready for translations
- add addons tab
- add review notice
- add screenshots
- add documentation links
0.1.1, March 8, 2023
- minor styling improvements
- Initial beta version